If you live along the Mississippi – Alabama – Florida Gulf Coast, you have greater than a 1 in 3 chance of suffering injury or death from a vehicle crash over the course of your lifetime. According to most recent statistics, there is a vehicle crash reported every 3 ½ minutes and an injury or death from a vehicle crash every 11 minutes. For over 65 years, the attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, P.C. have been helping victims of vehicle crashes obtain fair settlements and awards for their injuries and for the deaths of their loved ones. We will work hard as your advocate to protect your rights and to obtain full recompense for your injuries and losses from those responsible. Let us help you enjoy peace of mind as you recover while we take away the stress and worry of having to deal with insurance companies, claims adjusters and the other overwhelming aspects of getting you fairly compensated for your injuries, losses and suffering.
Types of Vehicle Crashes
Most vehicle crashes in the Mississippi-Alabama-Florida Gulf Coast areas are the type in which one moving automobile strikes another, but other types include crashes involving:
- Big Trucks
- Parked/stopped vehicles
- Fixed objects – telephone poles, trees, signs, embankments etc.
- Animals – livestock, deer, dogs, etc.
- Vehicles losing control and overturning
- Faulty parts and design defects in the manufacturing of a vehicle
The attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, P.C. are experienced, ready and willing to accept cases against people and parties at fault for all types of vehicle crashes.
Most Common Causes of Vehicle Crashes
There are a number of causes of vehicle crashes in our area, with the most common ones being:
- Failure to Yield Right of Way
- Misjudge Stopping Distance
- Improper Lane Change or Turn
- Unseen Object or Person on Road
- Running Traffic Light or Stop Sign
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
- Running Off of the Road
- Fatigue or Falling Asleep While Driving
- Texting While Driving
The attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, PC will aggressively fight for your rights to receive full and fair compensation for injuries, losses, damages and suffering as a result of vehicle crashes due to any and all of these causes.
Types of Injuries From Vehicle Crashes
There are a number of injuries that can be caused by vehicle crashes, with the most common ones being:
- Neck and upper spine injuries such as whiplash which is a strain/sprain of the ligaments and tendons or in more serious cases, disc herniation to the neck or back which is a permanent injury sometimes requiring surgery or prolonged physical therapy treatment;
- Lower body injuries such as cuts, bruises, broken bones, dislocated ankles or knees;
- Broken bones, including compound fractures where the broken bone pierces the skin;
- Concussions and other head injuries of all severities;
- Chest, rib and mid-body injuries to the bones and organs;
The attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, PC are trained and experienced in helping you recover all damages to which you are entitled due to these injuries, including pain and suffering, temporary and permanent impairment/disability, loss of wages, medical expenses and loss of activities / enjoyment of life as well as loss of consortium claims brought on behalf of your spouse for the effects that your injury has on your marital relationship.
What If You or a Loved One Has Been Injured in a Vehicle Crash?
If you or a loved one have been injured or if you have lost a loved one due to a vehicle crash of any type, you or they may be entitled to financial compensation from the person or persons at fault in the crash for medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, pain, suffering and disability and other damages resulting from the crash. A experienced personal injury lawyer can ensure that you receive the money that is rightfully owed to you. Call Lattof & Lattof today for a free consultation regarding your potential rights. Remember that claims of this type usually have a certain time limitation within which you may take action, so it is important that you make the call as soon as you can so as to preserve your rights.