My son grew breasts after taking Risperdal. Could he recover damages in a lawsuit?

Your son may be able to recover damages in a lawsuit if he suffers from a condition known as gynecomastia after taking Risperdal. Gynecomastia is a medical condition that causes males to grow breast tissue. Risperdal increases the body’s levels of prolactin—a hormone that is found in higher levels in women. Some males who take Risperdal not only grow breast tissue but may also lactate. Gynecomastia can affect one breast or both breasts and may cause breast tissue growth that is equivalent to an adult female.

If the condition does not resolve itself when your son is taken off of Risperdal, then he may require surgery. In the meantime, he is suffering not only physically, but also psychologically.

And He May Have the Legal Right to a Recovery

Your son, with your help, if he is still a minor, may have the right to make a legal recovery for the condition that he has suffered. Other males who have suffered gynecomastia are suing Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, for failing to warn them and their doctors of the potential risks associated with Risperdal.

While a lawsuit cannot undo the physical and psychological harm that your child has endured, it can help to pay his medical costs and other expenses related to gynecomastia. It may also compensate your son for his physical pain and emotional suffering.

You Can Continue to Protect Your Child With the Help of a Lawyer

You allowed the doctor to prescribe Risperdal for your son because you wanted him to have an appropriate treatment for bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, autism symptoms, anxiety, depression, a sleep disorder, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

Unfortunately, the treatment created an entirely new problem.

However, you can continue to protect your child by getting him the medical care that he needs and by fighting for his legal recovery. Let us help you help your child. Contact an experienced dangerous drug lawyer today via this website or by phone to schedule a free and confidential consultation today.